04 Oct Cheap Travel Packages – A Guide to Some of the Most Affordable Places to Visit in the US
It’s never been so easy to find affordable vacations. The travel industry has gone through a revolution during the “Internet Age”. Now, there are a variety of tools and resources you can use to help you find cheap travel packages, no matter where you want to go. These packages typically include airfare, a hotel room, dining, and a few activities. The cheaper ones are the most simple. However, if you want an all inclusive vacation, you might be able to find a good deal on one as well, depending on where you look.
Keep in mind that some special offers are only available from participating airlines and hotels. A minimum stay is usually required with travel packages as well. There are also blackout dates and restrictions to consider, depending on the time of year you want to travel.
Where should you go?
• Some of the best deals you will found out west include Vegas, Reno, Palm Springs, Yellowstone, Laughlin, Mesa, Portland, etc. It’s very easy to find cheap travel packages for Vegas. However, just be careful when you get there and don’t go overboard with the gambling!
• On the East Coast, there are a variety of affordable beach spots in Florida and the Carolinas. Virginia Beach, VA and Cape May, NJ are known to be affordable beaches as well. While NYC and Boston trips aren’t always known for being low priced, discounts are not unheard of – especially if you look for last minute deals. If you absolutely must go to Disney World, the prices tend to be lower during the first few weeks of January, right after New Year, with the exception of Martin Luther King weekend.
• In America’s Heartland, you can always find great deals in State Parks if you want to stay in a cabin. For a cosmopolitan experience, head to the Twin Cities of Minnesota, Salt Lake City, Branson, or Oklahoma City.
• There is always a good reason to go down south, whether you’re interested in the rich history or cuisine. How about a romantic Smokey Mountain getaway? Or walking the Appalachian Trail? New Orleans is always a popular destination – especially during Mardi Gras. If money is a concern, a few affordable places to consider include Bowling Green or Lexington, KY; Knoxville, TN; Mobile, AL; and Berkeley Springs, WV.
• Perhaps Texas deserves its very own category. Affordable accommodation can typically be found in Austin and Gavelston. If you’re interested in State Parks, consider going to Meridien State Park in Meridien or Brazos Bend State Park in Needville.