01 Oct Best Travel Deals – 5 Tips for Finding Great Travel Bargains On the Internet
You don’t have to search forever to find the best travel deals. Sometimes all it takes is a bit of patience and the knowledge of where to look. Successful travel planning involves things like online comparison shopping and deal alerts.
To help you save time (and money!) here are a few tips to simplify the process:
• Always do your research and price comparison in incognito windows. This way, the cookies in your browser won’t be tracked. It’s not uncommon these days for airfare and hotel prices to actually increase when a particular route has been searched, as the websites and companies behind the advertisements want to scare you into booking that deal ASAP by making you think the price is increasing. This unscrupulous practice won’t be an issue if you do research in incognito. Only open up the normal browser when you’re ready to book the trip.
• Figure out the cheapest day to fly out. Most experts say it on a Tuesday, but that isn’t the case 100% of the time. Sometimes the best travel deals can be found on other days. The best thing to do is to select the “whole month” button on a travel search site to view the expected rates on every day of the month instead of trying to play around with the dates manually.
• Keep an eye out for “flash sales” and “last minute deals”. The cheapest possible rates are often short-lived and not ongoing. The only way to catch one of these offers is to sign up to receive emails or text notifications from travel sites or airlines you are likely to use.
• Have an opened mind in regards to destinations, airports, accommodation, dining, etc. The best travel deals are easier to find when you are flexible with your plans. If you can’t find an inexpensive plane ticket to the city you want to visit, for instance, consider flying to an outlying airport and taking a bus the rest of the way. You could also consider connecting flights instead of direct flights.
• Take advantage of travel-related coupons and promo codes. The great thing about the internet is that it is filled with special offers that will help consumers save money on anything – including travel. You’ll find discount codes and e-coupons that can be used either directly with the airlines / hotels / car rental companies themselves or with third party travel sites. Read over the terms and conditions for each offer so you’ll know exactly where you can use it and how to apply it to your order.